Question:
Are people born left/right handed?
PeacemaKer
2006-01-26 00:24:25 UTC
Most people are born with a right master hand. Are they born this way or is it just a preference.
Six answers:
lovelysweetmaiden
2006-01-26 01:04:49 UTC
I think that it takes some time to develop before you would know if you were right handed or left handed. If you study a child in the developmental stages you notice at first they will use both hands. As they develop they will begin to use one hand more in most cases. There are some children that are ambidextrous or use both hands equally. Sometimes parents of leftys force them to use their right hand. There is one test you can try, but the subject can not have all of the info for it to work. You can toss an object to someone and they should use their prefered hand to catch. Catch them off guard and try it. You might be surprised at how many right handed people are really left handed.
coolgerman77
2006-01-26 00:27:20 UTC
many people are born left handed but in the years before the 90's many people who were left handed were forced to write with their right hand. that is why there are more right handed people then left handed people
?
2006-01-26 02:09:48 UTC
People are born either right or left handed.
jack
2006-01-26 00:33:08 UTC
yes, generally and by nature, a person is born either left handed or right handed.... although there are some cases where an individual is born who ambidextrous.
lastrick
2006-01-26 14:27:49 UTC
Handedness actually develops in utero. "In the case of the human, the preference first appears several months before birth and can be recognised on ultrasound scanning (Hepper et al, 1990)."
janjanjan
2006-01-26 00:43:51 UTC
actually... it's neither, no such thing as right nor left habnded at birth...... we tend to choose what we want.... often people chose being right handed